Now, more than ever, its easy to stress out. Be it work, lack of work, money, kids, or family, there always seems like something is hovering above to stress us out. If we let it, we could be consumed by stress, but we do what we can to be happy and to live our lives to the fullest. It's better than being miserable and you really count your blessings each and every day for the things you do have. So, without further ado, here are 10 tips to making your life easier for you and your family!
10. Don't Take Life too seriously.- Like I said, it's easy to let stress consume you. Simply don't let it! Sometimes you just have to laugh or smile. Sometimes nothing goes right, but always remember what you do have!
9. Always make time for you! - It's easy to focus on your kids and other family members, but it's important to take time for yourself. Go somewhere by yourself for the day, go to the mall, or take a hot bath. Sometimes you just need to take it easy and do something for yourself. This ultimately makes life easier for you...and for your family!
8. Take a Deep Breath- When things go wrong, step back for a minute, collect yourself and calm down before continuing. You don't want to say or do anything you may regret in the future.
7. Organize - When you have kids, you realize how important organization is to your life. We have bins to contain toys, art supplies, and train tracks. We try to organize our bills and coupons, too. Not having to look everywhere for a toy or for your keys definitely makes life so much easier. There's nothing more stressful than losing keys in your house!
6. Think/Plan Ahead - Planning a trip or vacation? Just going to the grocery store? It doesn't matter because you should always plan ahead. Prepare for weather or any other problems that may arise. It's better to be prepared than to get stuck somewhere without a diaper or a pair of extra pants with a toddler. Eck!
5. Live Near A close Friend or Family Member- Having a family and living far away from friends and family is definitely trying, especially when you never get to spend time alone with your boyfriend or husband. Living near someone you trust and confide in makes life so much easier and less stressful. We used to live 150 miles away from our nearest relative and it was rough. We moved a year later to be closer and we are so thankful we did! Even if you can't live close to someone, it even helps just to have someone you can talk to.
4. Clean as You Go! - It's so much easier to clean up a mess as it happens. Are the kids finished playing with a game in one room? Go ahead and clean it up. Finished with your dishes? Go ahead and put them in the dishwasher. It's much better than having a huge pile of chores at the end of the week, believe me!!
3. Know that You aren't Supermom!- Do only what you can. You'll never be able to do each and every thing perfectly. It's impossible with 3 kids, a dog, and a husband. Do what you can and don't stress out. Sit down, take a break. It will be there later!
2. Just Say No- Know when to say no to people. If you have no time, don't get sucked into making cupcakes for the PTA or throwing a spend-the-night party. If you are exhausted and just brought your newborn home, just say no! It's okay. People will understand.
1. Don't Worry, Be Happy! The most important thing in life is to be happy. No money or job can make life good if you are miserable. Do what makes you happy, enjoy life, enjoy your kids. Take time to smell the roses! Being happy ultimately makes life much easier.
As a parent, some days I just want to scream. That's when I know it's time to take a break and do something for me. No, my husband doesn't always understand or support me when I feel this way, but that's ok. I just do what I can and am thankful for what we have. We may not have a lot, but we have each other and we have our health. There's not much more I can ask for. Follow these tips for life and you'll be happier, too. I understand it isn't always that easy, but sometimes you just have to let it go. It makes life much easier!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Oral-B blogging contest, making me eligible to get full-sized Oral-B Glide products and a $30 Target gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.