I remember when George Foreman came out with his very first grill. I received it for Christmas when I was in college and was so excited to have one. I hate to even admit this, but that was about 10-11 years ago now. I officially feel old. Well, the George Foreman Next Generation Removable Plate Grill is not only much bigger, but has some great features that knocks this one out of the ballpark!
I've mentioned a time or two that my husband has high blood pressure and has gained quite a bit of weight over the past few years. It's been my goal to cut down on fatty, salty foods and for all of us to eat healthier. Yes, it's tough, especially with children in the house, but the George Foreman Next Generation Grill is definitely a step in the right direction. With it's special technology to "Knock Out The Fat™", you will find it much easier to cook delicious meals and eat healthily at the same time.
How Exactly Does the Grill "Knock Out The Fat™"?
New results of independent testing show that the George Foreman Grill removes up to 42% of fat from quarter-pound burgers made with 80/20 ground chuck beef, translating to a reduction of approximately 89 calories per burger!
I was selected to put the George Foreman Next Generation Removable Plate Grill to the test. Would it, indeed "Knock Out The Fat"? I actually tried two types of meats for separate dinners to compare. The first night, we had 80/20 ground chuck beef marinated with some of my sodium-free goodies. I immediately noticed the fat running down into the drip tray! By the end, I had a delicious, juicy burger without the grease running everywhere. The second time, we had soy burgers. I was very skeptical that any fat would be dripping anywhere and, to my surprise, the George Foreman Grill still managed to make my soy burger meal even healthier! Who knew?!
I absolutely love that this grill is so huge compared to some of the other George Foreman Grills I have owned in the past. At 72 sq. inches, there is plenty of room to cook! I am also a huge fan of the removable plates. I know it comes with the 2 spatulas, just like the older grills, but we all know that didn't adequately clean them. I was always paranoid I'd end up getting the ones without removable plates wet and ruin them. Not to worry anymore!
This grill is super easy to use and plenty of room to cook for the family. I have a feeling the George Foreman Next Generation Removable Plate Grill is going to become my new best friend this summer. In addition to all of the other great things I mentioned, it won't overheat my kitchen, too. That's a major plus here in the south!
What I Learned Through Trial & Error
1. You must let it pre-heat for about 10-15 minutes for it to be able to cook your meat properly. Otherwise, you'll end up with a semi-hot mess.
2. Don't overload the grill with burgers. It only takes about 7 minutes to cook, so put 2-3 on at a time if you are cooking the big, fat ones.
- 72 square inch grilling surface lets you cook for 4
- 2 dishwasher-safe removable grill plates for easy clean up
- Temperature indicator light indicates plates are at grilling temperature
- Integrated handle is ergonomic & compact
- George Tough™ Triple non-stick coating is durable & eliminates need for oil
- Patented sloped grill design knocks out the fat
- 1 ½" floating hinge works to accommodate thick cuts of meat
- Embedded heat elements provide consistent heat & rapid recovery time
- Dishwasher-safe removable plates with cool-touch handles for easy clean up
- 2 Plates included: 2 ribbed grill plates
- 2 drip trays catch run off liquids for no-mess clean up
- 2 spatulas are customized for grill
Purchase Your Own
For Only $42.54 On Amazon! (It has a $59.99 RV, so that's a great price, btw!)