The weather is scorching, the air is heavy and humid, and the mosquitoes are out here in the south. We know it's summer and it's definitely time for a break. We just got back from our visit to the beach, but it's getting a bit boring. I'm ready to go somewhere new, try something different! I have wanted to go to Virginia Beach for a while now and I'm wondering why I haven't. Doing a bit of research, I've come up with my top 10 reasons you would want to visit Virginia Beach!
1. Go fish! Enjoy fishing? You definitely want to experience fishing at Virginia Beach. Why? The wide variety of fish in the area means something totally different and unexpected. Plus, the Chesapeake Bay area is unbelievably beautiful.
2. Get some fresh air! Virginia Beach is peaceful and beautiful. Take time to walk along the beach, check out the state parks, and you'll absolutely want to check out the wildlife trails.
3. Events- There are always things going on, which means never a dull moment in Virginia Beach. For example, the Family Great Adventure Series spans during summer with fun events scheduled, such as Christmas in July.
4. Do I hear wedding bells? I've been to weddings at the beach and they are, by far, the most beautiful and romantic ways to go. I wish my husband and I did that! Plan a Virginia Beach wedding for a laid back, beautiful wedding in a natural setting.
5. Watersports! Spend some time on the beach! Enjoy parasailing, tanning, and, my favorite, surfing! I have heard the waves are awesome for surfing there. That's one of the reasons I'd love to go.
6. History lessons! I love being able to combine education with a vacation. Virginia is filled with history! Explore lighthouses, the Adam Thoroughgood House, state parks, and much, much more! You can even stop at historical locations on your way there.
7.Shop Around! Don't like sitting on the beach all day? Well, there is reason to get up and go! The shops are booming and ready for you to spend some money. You will find malls, boutique malls, antique shops, and other speciality shops in the area.
8. Kid friendly.. Nothing is worse than going somewhere that has nothing for kids to do. It's pretty much a downer for everything. Well, there really is something for everyone at Virginia Beach. The kids will never be bored. Take them parasailing on the beach, let them body surf the waves, the Virginia Aquarium, Amusement parks and much more. There is so much to explore and something new every year.
9. Golfing! Do you love to golf? I'm talking about pristine golfing area at Virginia Beach! Many public and private golf courses are around the area, so don't forget your clubs!
10. Horseback Riding! I love riding on horses, but riding on the beach is a completely different experience. Take a ride along the beach at sunset, relax, and take it all in. You will be amazed at how much fun you have.
So, are you ready to pack up your bags? Click on the link below to start planning that vacation. I know you deserve it! Let's go!
About Virgina Beach
Virginia Beach entices visitors to “Live the Life” year-round! Located in the southeastern corner of the state, Virginia Beach is four hours southeast of D.C. by car and within a day’s drive or less from two-thirds of the U.S. population. For visitor information, call 1-800-VA-BEACH (800/822-3224) or visit www.VisitVirginiaBeach.com for online trip planning. For media information and digital images, click on www.VisitVirginiaBeach.com/pressroom. Please
follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vabeachcvb and on Facebook.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.