Old London products, including their delicious Melba Toast (one of my favorites) and Bagel Chips.
Speaking of Old London products, they are hosting an amazing sweepstakes right now that you need to enter! Old London wants to us to celebrate life as the Greeks do! How? Well, by maintaining a healthy diet of grains, veggies, fish, olive oil and, of course, dancing. Now that sounds like the life! The term OPA! is used to express happiness and cheer, so I am excited to announce the Old London OPA! To A Better You Sweepstakes! Enter NOW by Clicking HERE.
One winner will receive an amazing 8-Day, 7-Night Grand Prize Package, which includes:
- Airfare (coach) from your nearest airport!
- Seven nights in first class accomodations in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini!
- $2,000 Gift Card For Spending Money!!!
One of the recipes I found on the website is for a Lasagna using the Melba Toast I loved so much. We haven't made it yet, but I plan to do so because it looks delicious! Here's that recipe, which gives you an idea of how yummy the other recipes are, too.
Old London Melba Toast Lasagna
- 1 box Melba Toast Rosemary & Olive Oil
- 1 jar favorite prepared pasta sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pound mozzarella, grated and separated
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook onions in olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until onions are softened.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add pasta sauce and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Fold in chopped fresh basil.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in 8×8 baking dish and top sauce with a layer of Melba Toast Rosemary & Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Top with a layer of Melba Toast Rosemary & Olive Oil.
- Continuing layering with sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan, and Melba Toasts. Finish by topping with sauce.
- Bake lasagna covered with foil, in middle of oven 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbling and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.
Here are some of Chelsie Hightower's Healthy Living Tips that I totally agree with:
- Take your workouts outside. While a walk around your neighborhood might seem less exciting than a hike around Greek ruins, try to find something in your local outdoors that motivates and excites you. Explore a local park or a new neighborhood route to change up your fitness routine.
- Make healthy meal choices. I try to stick to a Mediterranean influenced diet that is rich in olive oil, vegetables, fruit, fish and dairy. I enjoy finding recipes online and then trying them at home. Old London has some great recipes on their Facebook page.
- Give yourself a break. We all need to recharge our batteries every once in a while. If you can’t take a vacation, plan a day or a weekend at home when you can have a little “me time” to just relax and do whatever makes you happy.
- Reach for healthy snacks. I keep smart snack options on hand to keep my energy up between meals like a handful of almonds, some Greek yogurt and honey or a few Old London Melba Snacks with hummus.
- Go dancing. In Greece, dancing is a large part of any celebration or gathering. I love going dancing with friends; not only do we have a great time but I also get a workout!
- Healthy Living = Happiness. You don’t have to wait for a special occasion to plan a get together. Invite friends and family over just because! Ask guests to bring a dish, or set out appetizers like olives, cheese and Old London Melba Toast for everyone to enjoy. I’ve found being happy is a big step to staying healthy.
- Love yourself. People come in all shapes and sizes, and what works on others won’t necessary work for you. Being healthy is about how you feel. Stop comparing yourself to others and begin loving the person you are from head to toe.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Old London. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate