So, with all of that said, I know I am not a great mom and their are many wrong decisions I have made over the years... and I will make many wrong decisions in the future, I am sure. Here are many reasons I am a crappy mom:
1. I didn't take my prenatal vitamins every day.
2. I had a cup of coffee almost every morning when I was pregnant.
3. I circumcised my first son.
4. I gave up on breastfeeding my first son after only a week.
5. I supplemented with formula with my second son.
6. I have not vaccinated my 3 year old other than the ones they gave him as a newborn... and don't plan on it in the near future.
7. I did vaccinate my first son, but picked the ones I thought were important. I never get the flu shot and chose not to get the chicken pox vaccine, among others.
8. I cloth diaper when convenient and use disposables when not.
9. I homeschool both of my boys rather than send them to public schools.
10. I have always practiced co-sleeping and still do... with my 5 year old if he wants.
11. I do not want to teach my children only the teachings of Jesus, but of all religions so they can pick what they choose to believe.
12. I have spanked even though I swore I never would.
13. I let my children stay up late and sleep late if they want.
14. I let my 5 year old watch horror movies because he loves them and so do I.
15. I still take my 5 year old into the women's bathroom with me and do not trust letting him go into the men's room without supervision. I trust him, just not other people.
16. I practice attachment parenting and see nothing wrong with my boys preferring Mama.
17. I let my kids drink Dr. Pepper once a week if they want.
18. We eat sweets a lot and I don't brush their teeth every night.
19. I don't make my kids pick up their messes all the time.
20. I do not choose toys that determine gender roles. If my kids want a pink dollhouse, I would not hesitate to buy it. In fact, my son's bday party is this weekend and he chose Care Bears as the theme.
These are just a few of the things I do that mess up my children. Many of my family members think I am crazy for even using cloth diapers or breastfeeding. Others think the opposite is crazy! We caught it big time for not circumcising Liam and family members still ask when we will get it done. Not happening, people!
Yes, we all have our quirks and "bad parenting" practices and moments, but one thing is for certain, WE ALL LOVE OUR BABIES! Write your blog post and link up below to connect with others who are not perfect moms and then read the great posts! It's time we all admit it to ourselves and others! How are YOU a crappy mom?