Plus, if you donate at check-out, you get a great sheet of coupons to use on your next shopping trip. We got some great ones. To learn more about the Get Healthy, Give Hope campaign, visit the Produce for Kids in-store display. Ours is near the front of the store, near the deli area. The display features a variety of great recipes that are easy to prepare and delicious. There is also other helpful information on the campaign, healthy eating tips and links to the Ideal Meals® recipes online. The display also features characters from the Sprout® channel, my kids favorite channel at the moment!! So, look for the "LazyTown" characters as well as Chica from "The Chica Show".
Here is one of the delicious recipes we thought readers would enjoy from the Ideal Meals® website:
Fruit Smoothie Pops
· 1 large peach or mango, peeled, chopped
· 2 medium bananas, peeled, sliced
· 1 cup strawberries, leaves hulled
· 1 cup blueberries
· ¼ cup orange or fruit juice
· 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
· 16 paper cups
1. Place all smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until just smooth.
2. Place 16 paper cups on a baking tray. Pour smoothie into paper cups. Place tray in freezer and freeze until slushy, about 20 minutes.
3. Remove tray from freezer and insert one popsicle stick into the center of each cup. Return to freezer and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
4. Tear away paper cup and place on plate.
Ready For A Giveaway?
One Lucky Reader Will Receive A $25 Publix Gift Card along with a Produce For Kids Gift Bag, which includes:
Just use the GiveawayTools form below to enter! This giveaway is open to US Readers 18+ years of age and closes on Sunday, June 30th. Good Luck!