I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Heinz Vinegar. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and as a thank you for participating.As a natural parenting mom and blogger, I am have found many ways around the house to go green and get rid of anything non-toxic. In addition, I've become more of a cook, staying away from fast foods and other unhealthy items. One natural ingredient we always keep stocked in our kitchen and laundry room is Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar. I've used not only the brand, but their Apple Cider Vinegar for years now and am constantly learning of new great ways to put it to use. Who knew something so inexpensive could have so many uses? I was shocked when I found out and urge you to give it a try, too.
Heinz has been making , all-natural vinegar since 1869, so they definitely know a thing or two about the process. Apple cider vinegar is made from the fermentation of apple juice to hard apple cider, which is them fermented into apple cider vinegar. What a process! Heinz Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar is the "mother of vinegar" and the most natural form of vinegar while apple cider vinegar has been filtered and further processed. It looks clearer and cleaner, but the unfiltered version of vinegar has more health benefits.
How do I most often use Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar?
As I mentioned, there are many, many ways to use Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar and we definitely take advantage of them. Here are some of my favorite ways to use it:
2. Cleaning- Apple cider vinegar is perfect for a non-toxic cleaning spray! I like combining half acv, half water and a couple drops of tea tree oil as a disinfectant.
3. Hair Washing - Yes, apple cider vinegar is great for restoring a natural shine to hair and is a great way to rid hair of all the chemicals other harsh shampoos leave behind. Use one part water, one part apple unfiltered apple cider vinegar as a rinse for shiny, soft hair!
4. Relieving Heartburn - While pregnant with Liam, I had the worst heartburn of my life! I asked friends for a natural way to relieve my pain and they suggested a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. It worked like a charm. Now if I feel it coming on, I immediately head to the acv.
5. Improving Complexion - I wish I had known this when younger, but unfiltered apple cider vinegar is great for skin. It restores the pH balance of skin and is a great way to kill bacteria in acne. It can also soften skin as well as reduce the appearance of blemishes! You can blot areas with a cotton ball or use 1 part vinegar, 2 parts water to use as a toner.
6. Cooking - Besides all of the ways to use apple cider vinegar around the house, I also use it often in the kitchen! Here in the south, we are all about tasty, zesty foods and apple cider vinegar often gives foods that extra kick they need to stand out and taste delicious. Heinz Vinegar Recipes also has some great ideas for future cooking and meal ideas!
My Favorite Recipe with Apple Cider Vinegar
A few months ago I was experimenting with green beans from grandma's garden, which honestly tasted a little bland. Don't tell her I said that! I added flavoring, but it just wasn't enough, so I looked in my pantry and saw the Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar. I added a few teaspoons to the pot and these were the best green beans I'd ever made. Everyone, my boys included, ate everything on their plate. That is saying a lot since my husband is not a bean fan!
Southern Style Green Beans
-Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cubes bullion (I prefer beef, but you could use vegetable as a vegetarian option)
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoons Unfiltered or filtered Apple Cider Vinegar (I prefer unfiltered and think it has a zestier taste to it!)
-2 Pounds Freshly Trimmed Green Beans
- Put the beans in a pot and fill with water just over the top of the beans.
- Add all the other ingredients in the pot and boil for about 20-30 minutes until the beans are are soft, yet still crisp. (You don't want to overcook, so I always taste test around this time.)
What are your favorite uses for apple cider vinegar? I encourage you to buy some the next time you go shopping and start trying out all the great recipes and other ideas you can find on the internet. The possibilities are endless and I've really had a great time trying them out over the years. I've yet to be disappointed and that's why I always have my Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar stocked and ready to go! For some other great ideas, be sure to check out the all new Heinz Pinterest page and give them a follow. We've already pinned several of their delicious recipes, which include everything from entrees to smoothies! Yummy!
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Heinz Vinegar. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and as a thank you for participating.