Mornings have always been tough for me because I am a night owl, so preparing the night before is key to a successful tomorrow.
What do we do to have a successful big day?
1. I check all book bags to make sure everything is ready to go. This means making sure the agenda/paperwork is signed and homework is completed/correct!
2. Make sure the laundry is finish, folded, and clothes are picked out for the next day. I hang both Josiah and Liam's clothes on the stairs next to their shoes so they can get up in the morning and immediately get dressed. I cannot tell you how much this has helped, especially with shoes because they always get misplaced. I used to run around like a mad woman trying to locate them.
3. I help the kids pick out a healthy snack to take with them to school. They especially love taking some dry cereal in a bag along with a juice for snack time. Liam loves picking out a snack! In fact, it isn't unusual for me to fill a cup with some dry cereal as a snack for myself. Cereal isn't just a breakfast food!
4. Ask the kids what they'd like for breakfast in the morning. Josiah wants cereal every single morning, so we have an entire cupboard of healthy cereal choices from Kellogg's. I didn't realize just how many we had until I started writing this post. One of his favorites is Frosted Mini Wheats because they are great dry or with milk.
5. Set the alarm and get some sleep! We are in bed by 8pm to ensure a good night of rest and I always set the alarm for 6:30am to make sure we have plenty of time in the morning. Running around late is never a good way to start the day.
How Do You Plan For The Big Day Ahead?
Kellogg's is a brand I've known, trusted, and purchased for many years. I suppose you'd say it is a tradition because my mom always had a variety of Kellogg's cereals in the pantry, too. Some Kellogg's cereal and milk in the morning is a great way to start the day, so that's exactly what we do!
Twitter Party Alert
I love Twitter parties and am so excited to announce the Kellogg's #BigDay #Tomorrow Twitter Party on Tuesday, February 10th at 12pm ET It will be hosted by The Motherhood and co-hosted by Dr. Travis Stork, star of the TV show "The Doctors"! He will share some great tips on staying healthy and having a successful big day by preparing the night before. In fact, he has already provided some helpful tips to share with my readers, some of which are similar to my own!
- Lay out your clothes the night before to help streamline your morning routine.
- Create a “must achieve” list for the morning to help yourself stop stressing about those tasks at night, leading to a more restful night’s sleep.
- Plan out what to have for breakfast, and nothing is easier than setting out a bowl and spoon for a quick, nutritious and tasty bowl of cereal in the morning.
- If you’re travelling or on-the-go, making sure to pack a nutritious snack (like a baggie of cereal) in your bag to help you avoid hitting the mid-morning lull and picking something unhealthy.